Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A little story

Just wanted to drop in with a little story.

In fifth grade there was a girl in my class who was new and she hung out with the same people I did and tried out for the cheerleading team with me. I really don't recall us being that close. However, one day she came to school and handed my the cutest ring (but it was about 3 times my size). I came home of course completely unaware that the ring was real gold and contained a diamond in the center of it. So of course, my mom had to do her mom thing and call the little girls mom to let her know about it. I think the other mom was trying to teach her little girl a lesson about how when you give something away, you don't ask for it back later or maybe something completely different. Needless to say, she told my mom that it was ok if I kept the ring. I don't remember what happened to the ring after that but a couple of months ago my mom decided to clean out her jewelry box and lo and behold there was the ring I received in 5th grade. The gold looked dingy, and the diamonds were not even clean enough to be noticed. So this past weekend I needed another ring sized down and an earring fixed, so me and mom headed over to the jewelry clinic. I brought along the ring, hoping they could do some serious damage control on it. Sure enough they were able to dip it in platinum, clean it up, and size it down. Now I have a beautiful, dainty diamond ring to place on my finger for those days I just need something extra shiny, or every other day.




I am pretty much drowning in school work, but thought this little story was fun to share about how a little treasure from years ago resurfaced and  made it's way back into my life.




Hope everyone is having a good week, does it feel like it's going by at a super speed pace or is it just me hoping for more time in my day to get more things done?


Happy Wednesday!


P.S. Tried to post this yesterday, but for some reason my computer did not want to upload my photos, apologies for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment