Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Breakfast Club Reunion

My very first year of college, I was told I needed to take this class that would help me discover my major. Little did I know, it was really where I would meet the majority of my college friends and pick my major. It was a tiny class of about 15-20 people with some really great married couple as the teachers. I attend a college of about 36,000 + students, so it is so easy to feel like you don't exist. This class made me feel like I really mattered and had a place, especially as a freshman. It sets you up to where you have paired courses with the people in your class, so on top of that one class, you also share 2 other courses with the entire group of people. Seeing this people every single day really helped me develop some solid friendships. We began as an awkward bunch with many different types of personalities and so the teachers labeled us the breakfast club. It has now been almost 2 years since that class, and we still have get togethers once in a blue moon. I love them all with my heart and am so thankful for that little class that brought us together. Tonight, we had a small reunion with the main group of us that continued to be friends at Fuzzy's. It was so wonderful and exciting to see where everyone is going with their lives. We were all so lost and confused on what to do, and I have to say it is the one place I didn't feel stupid saying "I'm an undecided major." The majority of us are now declared majors and minors, and on the path to graduation. It is exciting to watch people grow. So thankful to be a part of the breakfast club.




P.S. tomorrow is wednesday, My wish came true and this week is flying by!



No comments:

Post a Comment