Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I vow to love you in all your forms.

"Life's all about moments of impact and how they change our lives forever." 
-The Vow 

You know when you see a movie and you walk away saying that's not real life but I really wish it was? Well yesterday, I saw The Vow. Honestly, more than anything it inspired me. I walked away wanting to know what my relationship looked like from the outside. I want to remember all those moments of impact.  So I came home and I sat and I tried to think of all those moments I never wanted to forget but I couldn't remember, not because I lost my memory but because they were stored to a place. I remember things as a hole instead of all those teeny tiny moments that take up a mere 3 seconds in time. They're are so many things I want to know and be able to re create. I should really keep a journal. But for now, I just want to go back.

I want to remember the place where Boyfran asked me out, because I remember the moment so clearly. Everything that happened, but where was it? I would love to go sit at this place and be able to relive it.
I'll always remember this one day right before boyfriend was leaving for what we thought was going to be a year. He took me to this park we sat and it started pouring rain, but the kind of rain that makes everything have the clearest haze over it. We sat and we just kissed. Now, usually I'm not one for kissing in front of everyone else but it was perfect. I didn't care what anyone else thought.
The rainy day. 
I remember this one night and me and my parents were going to get frozen yogurt and we were riding in my moms convertible with the top down. It had been a really good day, and I remember sitting in the back with the wind slapping me and my face and thinking I never want this to end. "I am so content".
My senior year formal (prom). the afterparty, I talked until 4 in the morning, staring at the lake, laughing. Deciding that I was exactly where I needed to be.
The roadtrip me and boyfriend took to Odessa last semester. We listened to the same song over and over again and stared at the never ending road. 6 hours in the car to and from. It was perfect.
I remember little things, bits and pieces. I am so happy with my life.

This morning I woke up eager to start taking it all in. I try so hard but then I'm out of the moment. I think you just have to live to life fully and when you sit down to go back, you'll notice you remember more than you think. It's always fun to feel all it over again though, amazing what a memory can do for you. Especially, those moments of impact.











No comments:

Post a Comment