Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Friendship

I find myself sitting and thinking about brides and how they choose their bridesmaids, they often have so many that are best friends and they've known forever. Maybe, it comes with time, but I get paranoid thinking about who will mine be? I'm ending my second year in college, and going onto my 3rd with very few friends made in college. Don't get me wrong, I have friends, but as embarrassing as it sounds out loud to admit, I have few friends. This is not a social issue and by no means does it depress me. However, most of the people who really know me are far off in college, and I constantly ache wishing my friend circle didn't have to change just because of college. I'm not an outgoing person by any means, and have had the same group of friend since kindergarten it seems. So the college transition was not easy to say the least. I found 2 wonderful girls that I really love with my heart, but still find we don't spend too much time together due to differing schedules. When we do though, it is always pure bliss.


Tonight my friend Anna and I were able to pick the exact day for us to have dinner, it fit both of our weeks better than perfect. We cozied up at a table at 5:00 pm and finished our food way before 6:00. Yet words just flowed from my mouth when I sit with her. I feel as though their are no judgments, no blocks, and no worries. I have no restraints on what I am going to say, and the time is never spent awkward. A smile always arrives as she appears, and as I drive away, I feel as though I've found a friend. At 9:00 pm, we decided it was time to close conversation, and found ourselves lingering for 10 more minutes in the parking lot. Even though our time together is few and far between. I can't help but wonder if this is the friend that I've been praying for. That she will be there when I'm getting married on my wedding day. I don't really care, but even though I don't have a giant group of friends, I am more than content with the few that mean the world to me.


Love nights like this.


Happy middle of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment